Support a Cause:
At AlkaViva, we believe it is important to give back to the world water crisis in a way that makes a difference.
So far AlkaViva has gifted $20,000 for the creation of wells in the Sudan, 100 water purification kits plus food boxes for Haiti plus supported regeneration in an ecological reserve in the Amazon.
According to the WHO/UNICEF:
- * One in six people lack safe drinking water sources.
- * 80% of all disease in the developing world are caused by unsafe drinking water.
- * If we did nothing other than provide access to clean water, without any other medical intervention, we could save 2 million lives a year.
- * The water and sanitation crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.
- * In developing cultures, it is not uncommon to spend up to six hours a day collecting water for all the daily needs, cooking, cleaning, and, of course, drinking. That is 40 million hours of productivity to that could be used elsewhere.
- * The average African family uses 5 gallons of water a day. The average individual in America uses between 100 – 170 gallons a day.
We believe that the lack of access to safe drinking water is the primary cause of hunger, disease and poverty throughout the developing world.
Just as we believe in stewardship of the planet, we believe in stewardship of safe water for everyone.
Help us create transformation through clean water outside of our own community.
I am inclined to believe that if there can be a meaningful human right to any material thing, surely it starts with access to minimum clean freshwater. Water - The Epic Struggle for Wealth, Power, and Civilization by Steven Solomon
Giving regardless of your means is true abundance.
We can do together that which we cannot do alone.
True caring is more than just a feeling. We actively help water-related causes, which then give life to our passion.
The only way to truly succeed in business – and life – is to help others succeed
Community is much more than a neighborhood. To us it is the joining together of a group of like-minded individuals and teams toward a common cause or goal. Our mission defines the AlkaViva community.
If the concepts above are the blueprint, the materials and people that will build a house, then focused action is the force that drives the nails in place and causes it to take shape. No action. No house.
Health and Sanitation
Diseases from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
Children are especially vulnerable, as their bodies aren't strong enough to fight diarrhea, dysentery and other illnesses.
90% of the 30,000 deaths that occur every week from unsafe water and unhygienic living conditions are in children under five years old.
Women and Children
In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours every year just walking for water.
Women and children usually bear the burden of water collection, walking miles to the nearest source, which is unprotected and likely to make them.
Time spent walking and resulting diseases keep them from school, work and taking care of their families.
A clean water project nearby means more than safe drinking water to women and children in developing nations; it means time, freedom and incentive to change their communities.