Fluoride: Beneficial…or Toxic?
Proponents say fluoride prevents tooth decay; opponents say fluoride doesn’t and presents health risks. Two incontrovertible facts remain: 1) no other regulated drug is put in our water, 2) our right to choose what goes into our body has been taken away with fluoridation (which is why some choose to invest in fluoride water filters). Current research suggests, and a growing number of experts agree, that fluoride’s risks outweigh any benefits.
To see full version of above infographic please click here (allow time to download)
Facts About Fluoride
- Modern research shows fluoride has minimal benefit when ingested contrary to previously held belief.
- Modern research shows ingesting fluoride has documented health risks.
- 97% of Western Europe does not fluoridate.
- The American Dental Association now advises that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.
- The fluorides used in our water are chemical byproducts of phosphate fertilizer manufacturing.
- No other medicine (fluoride is a medicine) is added to our water for a pharmaceutical purpose.
- Toothpaste and mouthwash are more effective, less intrusive ways to fluoridate for those who want it.
- Source: Fluoride Action Network
Documented Fluoride Risks
- BRAIN: 18 human studies show fluoride exposure causes IQ deficits in children. Adult studies show impairment in learning, memory and the central nervous system. Animal studies show direct toxic effect on brain tissue.
- THYROID: The National Research Council found that fluoride has an adverse effect on thyroid function. Until the 1970's, European MDs prescribed fluoride to slow overactive thyroids.
- INFANTS: High risk of developing fluorosis and damage to developing brain.
- BONES: Excessive exposure causes skeletal fluorosis resulting in diminished bone density and strength.
- TEETH: Over-exposure can cause dental fluorosis damaging enamel resulting in white or brown spots and weaker teeth. Note: the warning not to swallow on toothpaste tubes.
- KIDNEY: Kidney patients are more susceptible to fluoride toxicity.
Fluoride Information Network >>> here and American Dental Associatio >>> here
The UltraWaterTM Fluoride Shield. The only home filter on the market capable of removing fluoride. View Lab Results Here